Getting sound sleep seems like a dream as people have multiple mental health issues simultaneously. Insomnia is as common as flu which sounds concerning. Sleep apnea is another severe condition where the person finds it difficult to breathe in their sleep. It happens because the breathing stops and starts abruptly. For people who snore loudly, the risk is higher. One of the red flags is feeling tired after waking up.
What are the symptoms that demand a sleep apnea test?
The common symptoms of sleep apnea are mentioned below.
- Loud and frequent snoring
- Being out of breath during sleep (observed by someone else)
- Waking up gasping for air
- Waking up with a dried mouth
- Headache in the morning
- Hypersomnia (excessive daytime sleepiness)
- Difficulty in paying attention
Types of apnea
Here are the three types of sleep apnea test.
- The obstructive type – It occurs when muscles of the throat relax.
- The central type – It happens when the brain fails to signal the breathing muscles properly
- Complex type – It is a combination of both mentioned previously
If someone notices any of the symptoms of these types, they can reach out to any medical institution like Entific for proper treatment.
Who is at greater risk?
The risk is higher for people who are obese or overweight. Also, for those with neck circumference, air passages are narrower, further increasing the risk. The risk is three times higher for males, similar to obese women past their menopause. Family history and age are also risk factors involved.
So, if someone has these risk factors or experiences the symptoms, they should seek immediate medical help. It is a concerning condition and demands immediate medical attention.